18.4.09

Back from Cali

I was in my home town of Redlands, California. I wen about he city in wonder and awe. I missed it all so much. I have found that after 4 days that I felt the same way I did when i left the first time sad yes but happy the be moving onto better things. The highlights of the trip had to be the trip to the Grey Stone Mansion in Beverly Hills. Frankly that whole day was great we, myself and my friend Daniel, went to the mansion then walked Hollywood Blvd. We wandered the Hollywood and Highland complex and went to the LA Natural History Museum. That was a great day! I got to see my cousin as well. I also went to the Kimberly Crst Mansion in Redlands. If you have not seen it you should go it is SO peaceful.

Now all that being said I should tell you that I really did not fallow my diet, BUT (big but for a reason) since I was no a budget I ate with great care. I did have pizza and fatty foods but I limited the rest of my intake for the day if I did eat something bad. I also climbed many stairs and did a lot of walking that I normaly do NOT do so I in turn lost almost all the weight I put back on in the weeks prior. I went from 210 back to 206. I know that is not saying much since that was my starting weight BUT it still says a lot for walking and self control.

If I can control myself in Cali where I love o eat everything than I should be able to bring that lesson back here and so we will see if the moderation diet works LOL. I guess really it is the fear of emptying the bank amount diet.

I do have to say as a side note a few things. Californian seemed to have a juice place right next to every Sarbucks now. Chilis has become the Starbucks of the sit down resturant. I love being able to have water right out of the tap and not worry about the bad things in it. I didn't mind being the fat girl in LA I felt that I could enjoy food more really. Here there are skinny people but egad in LA you are a stick or you are nothing. I like being ingored every once in a while. More chance for me o draw attention some other way.

Californians also take speeding to a whole new level. I could go the speed limit in the slow lane or I would have been ran over. It was crazy, not missing that for sure! Okay so that is it sorry for all the crazy ranting.

Have a happy healthy day!

PS If you are ever in Redlands I know all the great places to eat so ask and I will give you he 411!!

No comments:

Post a Comment